Students who receive Alumni Scholarships automatically become members of the Alumni Scholars Club (ASC). Under the umbrella of the UCLA Alumni Association, ASC functions like a student club but with many more professional development opportunities. These include general quarterly meetings, alumni mentorship, community and UCLA service projects, mixers and social activities, career and leadership workshops and much more.
To unite and utilize the talents of Alumni Scholars in order to fully embrace service, leadership and community by adopting PIECES, the organization’s strategic goals:
- Promote opportunities unique to the UCLA Alumni Association.
- Identify and promote service programs to Alumni Scholars.
- Encourage a strong social bond among Alumni Scholars.
- Create productive relationships with alumni.
- Encourage leadership among Alumni Scholars.
- Support scholarships for the education of promising students.
In 1976, the UCLA Alumni Association founded ASC as a support group for students who had received Alumni Association scholarships. ASC originally focused on social events such as dances, parties and bowling.
Today, ASC coordinates a variety of student development programs in conjunction with the UCLA Alumni Association. The club’s executive board develops and implements projects with support from more than 200 active ASC volunteers. It has redefined its purpose to show that student support goes beyond the monetary contribution of the scholarship.
- $2,000 - Arts Transfer Scholarship
- $4,000 - Community College Transfer Scholarship
- $4,000 - Arts and Out of State Scholarship
- $4,000 - $20,000 - Freshman and Dr. Bunche Scholarship
- Up to $5,000 for Self-Help Grants (first year) and Wasserman Grants (second, third and fourth years) to all entering students with proven financial need (Grants replace subsidized Stafford and Perkins loans and any work-study positions.)
- Assistance for up to 12 points with on-campus parking for the first year for scholars living off campus.
- Opportunities to receive additional Alumni Scholarships
- Academic counseling from the Division of Honors for first-year students
- Alumni Mentor Program matches students with a UCLA graduate who can provide valuable career advice, academic guidance and personal development
- Leadership development opportunities are available to Alumni Scholars through various service opportunities or programs such as LeaderShape. Or apply to become an ASC coordinator or executive board member.
- Photocopying, computer and printing privileges at the James West Alumni Center for Alumni Association members. Join today!
- Support from Alumni Association staff, including a full-time advisor, to assist with campus programs and services.
- Social networking in person with fellow Alumni Scholars through social activities and community service events.
- Philanthropic opportunities to give back by funding the scholarship of a future student through the Alumni Scholars Club Scholarship (Dollars for Scholars).