Mixin’ It Up creates a social and culturally relevant space for alumni across all backgrounds to meet, connect and interact. This signature program aims to be an “alumni-inspired” cultural experience (i.e. museum exhibit, musical showcase, food festival, etc.) that offers an open networking space.
Now Accepting Proposals for 2020 programs
This year, Diversity Programs is seeking proposals for alumni hosts who are interested in creating unique and culturally relevant spaces for all backgrounds to connect. Click the button to apply and for more information.
Past programs have included:
- Fall 2014: Mixin’ It Up at Hammer: Featuring Alumni in the “Made in L.A.” Exhibit
- Spring 2015: Mixin’ It Up at DTLA ArtWalk: hosted by Taneen Jafarkhani ’08, featuring alumnae artists for a showcase in honor of Women’s Herstory Month
- Spring 2016: Mixin’ It Up at East West Players: Al Aubin Ed.D. ’79 hosting alumni for “La Cage Aux Folles”
- Fall 2016: Mixin’ It Up with multimedia artist Pamela J. Peters ’11
- Spring 2018: Mixin’ It Up at The Mob Museum with Christy Sakamoto ’07, M.L.I.S. ’10
- Spring 2018: UCLA Goes to See Allegiance Starring George Takei ’60, M.A. ’64