Don’t miss out on an opportunity to make a child’s wish come true.
Thursday, Feb. 6, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 7, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
James West Alumni Center
The Alumni Scholars Club is hosting an event where you can donate your hair to kids or adult women who have lost their hair due to cancer or other medical illnesses. Hairpieces will be provided through Locks of Love and Hair We Share.
- 8 inches or longer (10 inches for Locks of Love)
- Hair must be washed on donation day
- Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer measures 8 inches or more
- Colored or permed hair is acceptable
- Curly hair must meet or exceed 8 inches when straightened
- Dreaded or bleached hair is not acceptable
- A bag of already cut hair (in a hair tie) may also be brought in and donated the day of the event
Benefits of Donation
- A free haircut will be provided by stylists from Vidal Sassoon or Blo & Fil
- Free lunch
- Locks of Love custom T-shirt
- Your donation will make a difference in someone’s life
Can’t Donate Hair?
If you can’t donate due to reasons like your hair’s not long enough, you can still support the cause by donating a beanie. Simply come to the event and drop off a new beanie. And don’t forget to tell a friend!
See 2019 photos
Make an Appointment »