WESTWOOD WOMEN’S BRUIN CLUB welcomes you to its 70th year as a UCLA campus support group. WWBC meets on the third Wednesday of the month at the James West Alumni Center on campus, except for the Summer Luncheon, the Holiday Party and the Spring Field Trip. Students, graduates and friends of UCLA are welcome at these stimulating and informative programs!
- Wednesday, October 18
- Dr. James Gelvin from the UCLA History department will speak about the current state of the Middle East. Dr. Gelvin, an undergraduate teaching award winner, has written extensively on the history of the modern Middle East with an emphasis on nationalism and the social and cultural history of the area.
- Wednesday, November 15
- Psychiatrist Dr. Regina Pally , who has written a new book called “The Reflective Parent-How to do less and relate more with your kids” will offer insightful information regarding building more effective interpersonal relationships, especially between generations.
- Wednesday, January 17
- Dr. Cassandra Rauser, Director of UCLA’s Sustainable Los Angeles Grand Challenge will speak about the current projects and progress being made toward the goals of making L.A. a fully sustainable community.
- Wednesday, February 21
- Professor Stephen Aron from the UCLA History Department will present on the topic “Rethinking the History of the American West”.
- Wednesday, March 21
- UCLA Anderson Professor Jerry Nickelsburg Ph.D., is a Senior Economist for UCLA Anderson Forecast where he plays a key role in the economic modeling and forecasting of the national economy as well as the economies of California, the Bay Area,Southern California and Los Angeles. Dr. Nickelsburg will talk about current and future trends which affect us all.
- Wednesday, April 18
- (tentative) Looking at Painting in Florence from the 13th-16th centuries.
- Wednesday, May 16
- Author Linda Civitello will talk about her newly published boo “The Baking Powder Wars”. Copies of the book will be available for purchase and signing.
For more information about Westwood Women’s Bruin Club, please contact President Kathryn Gensen
For a questions regarding upcoming programs, please contact Vice President-Programs Sheena Ricchio
To inquire about joining the group or for membership questions, please contact Vice President-Membership Linda Edgington