You are currently subscribed to this network.Subscribe
A Reflection on ULAA's Fiscal Year 2023
Dear members and friends of ULAA,
As of July 1, UCLA Latino Alumni Association (ULAA) started its new fiscal year, and because of your commitment and hard work, fiscal year 2022-23 was another engaging, impactful and thoughtful year of career panels, programs and events as well as a historic year of fundraising. It also marks the bittersweet transition of board members and the onboarding of new and returning board members.
We are so thankful for our 2022-23 board members for helping our organization reach new milestones. Their vision, professionalism and insights helped us grow as an organization as we continued to enhance our mission and vision.
It is no easy feat to evolve and grow as a volunteer-led organization. Our board members and cadre of alumni volunteers are the corazón and the force behind our vision to make ULAA the premier Latino alumni organization. It is through our shared experiences and common goal of providing scholarships that we come together to meet your expectations for relevant programming and opportunities to engage, learn and make a difference.
As the new board of directors takes over leadership, we look forward to making ULAA the premier alumni organization of UCLA that uplifts Latino Bruin achievement and celebrates our diverse and ever-evolving comunidad.
Our five committees provided programs and events that kept ULAA top of mind for the campus and our comunidad of Latina/o alumni and students. Here are a few of ULAA’s recent achievements: ·
- We celebrated the graduation of three of our scholarship recipients along with over 800 Latina/o students.
- We approved a four-year scholarship distribution plan to award approximately $125,000 to students who need the financial support.
- We celebrated the launch of the Jaquez Family Scholarship Fund and raised more than $100,000.
- Our OrgullOSO mentorship program matched more than 150 students to alumni for a one-year mentor-to-mentee relationship.
- Our finance committee orchestrated a successful Spark campaign and raised more than $36,000, which contributed to our historical fundraising year of more than $243,000.
- Our University Relations Committee organized Latino Bruin alumni activities and events in support of UCLA’s effort to become a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), including a fireside chat featuring UCLA’s vice chancellor for equity, diversity and inclusion and the inaugural director of HSI.
- University Relations also organized six career panels for over 600 unique registrants.
- Our Membership Committee hosted a taquiza tailgate in October, 2022, that brought together over 130 alumni and friends.
- During our board retreat in January, we discussed our goals, vision and priorities for the next five years.
- We developed new partnerships with UCLA Athletics and the Chancellor's Society.
- We developed a vision along with identifying our core values: Our vision is to be the premier alumni organization of UCLA that uplifts Latino Bruin achievement and celebrates our diverse and ever-evolving comunidad. Our core values are respect, belonging and collaboration, adelante!
We have a lot to look forward to this year. We welcome you to be a part of the ULAA community. ULAA has an important voice in the leadership of our university and community, and you are an integral part of our success. Because of your support, involvement and activation, our comunidad has a bright future. Together we can continue to tackle the issues and bring conversation, solutions and innovation that will make our community better.
Follow us on social media and stay connected.
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram and Facebook
- Website: uclalatinoalumni.com
- President phone number: 559-800-6516
Together, we are "Hecho at UCLA."
Cesar Pacheco Garcia '18
ULAA Latino Alumni Association President 2022-24
Your support of UCLA Latino Alumni Association scholarships ensures today's Bruins are set up for success during their time on campus and beyond. Make a gift today to provide Latino Bruins with a world-class UCLA education.Give Today