Since 1936, UCLA Alumni have supported our newest Bruins through Alumni Scholarships. If you have demonstrated academic excellence, powerful leadership and a desire to effect positive change, apply to become an Alumni Scholar!
Alumni Scholarship Application Cycle:
The application for Fall 2021 prospective freshmen and transfer students opened on Jan. 4 on the University of California Los Angeles Prospective Undergraduate Scholarship Portal. It will close on March 5, 2021.
Eligibility: Incoming Freshman & Community College Transfer students
- Freshman: $6,000 to $20,000* – paid over 4 years
- Transfers: $6,000* – paid over 2 years
*Additional need-based grants are available to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by the Alumni Scholarships Program and the Financial Aid Office. You may receive up to $5,000 for your first year in addition to your merit scholarship award.
The UCLA Alumni Scholarships are merit and leadership scholarships awarded through an application screening by alumni volunteers and selection by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. By completing one application, you will be considered to receive one of the many scholarships provided through the Alumni Scholarships Program.
The first round of Alumni Scholarship offers are made to top-ranked scholars within a week of UCLA Admissions decisions. If you do not receive an offer during this initial round, you may still receive an Alumni Scholarship. Awards continue to be made throughout the summer, as students are matched to the restricted scholarships within the program. In general, most are completed by August, and we will send out an email informing applicants the awarding has closed at that time.
NOTE: You do not need to be related to UCLA alumni to apply. The program is named for the high level of engagement of our UCLA alumni in the selection process and throughout each Alumni Scholar’s tenure at the university.
Requirements of Recipients:
Applicants must attend UCLA beginning the fall quarter immediately after the application cycle.
Requirements during the Academic Year:
- Read the Scholarship Criteria & Important Information provided by leadership.
- Submit the Alumni Scholarships Compliance Agreement (PDF).
- Complete and log 30 hours of Renewal Service.
- Attend one Alumni Scholarship Event.
- Fulfill Units and GPA Requirement (PDF).
Benefits of Being an Alumni Scholar
Being an Alumni Scholar is more than just receiving a scholarship. Scholars are involved in campus events and organizations, increase their connections to the university, build their leadership skills at UCLA and stay involved as alumni. Benefits include:
- Membership in the prestigious Alumni Scholars Club (ASC)
- Access to cutting-edge leadership development programming
- Alumni-to-student mentoring
- Networking opportunities with UCLA alumni
- Eligibility to receive additional need-based funding
On behalf of every Bruin, we wish you luck on your application to UCLA!