Lew and Edie Wasserman Grants
- Must be a current Alumni Scholar completing your first, second or third year at UCLA
- Must have applied for FAFSA and received need-based financial aid that includes subsidized Federal Stafford loans, Perkins loans and/or work-study
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Completed a minimum of 36 units at UCLA by the end of spring quarter
- Enrolled for the 2023-2024 academic year at UCLA
Award: Up to $5,000
Application opens: Summer 2023
Lew R. Wasserman, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of MCA Incorporated, joined MCA in 1936. Ten years later he was named President and Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation, serving in that capacity until elected Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer in 1973. In 1994, he and his wife, Edie, established the Lew and Edie Wasserman Scholars Endowment to recognize UCLA Alumni Scholars with extraordinary academic merit, superior personal qualities and demonstrated financial need.
All eligible current Alumni Scholars are encouraged to apply. Note: Incoming Alumni Scholars do not need to apply for these awards, but will be awarded automatically based on their FAFSA or DREAM application.
UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships
Please submit questions or updates regarding your financial aid (early graduation, eFAN, award disbursement, etc.) through the MyUCLA Message Center (Topic: Alumni Scholarships).
- To be considered for additional merit and need-based awards, Please complete the UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships Undergraduate Scholarships Application.
Alumni Scholars Club
George Brown, Director of Alumni Scholars Club